Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rawafed Private School_Task1:

Name:

Almaha bakheet almahrami

ID:
2007138

Name of mentor teacher:
M.s Mary

grade level: Two


Date of the visit:

Tuesday 23/9/2008
A) Description of the school:


Rawafed privet school is located in Abu Dhabi. The school opened in September 1993, its present by citizen and it's started with class from kindergarten to grade nine. In addition, the first batch of students from school graduated on the end of the academic year in the 1996/1997. The principal of R.P.S fadia aljabri and the other administrators are noha is secretary, Nora is in reception also May, rowyda and nada are social statistics. My school mentor teacher is Mary najm and she was from Lebanon .Ms Mary was teaching two years, she teaching grade two now and she teach English, Math and Science. The size of the school not big and school ground is located in the forward, the levels of instruction from(1-12) containing: kindergarten, Elementary, Middle school and high school.The holds number of students are 1500,teachers are 85 and staffs 105. Rawafed school has many physical resources and facilities such as, Gym, IT and science Labs, Pool, Library, playground and Auditorium.

The R.p.s followed American system, The curriculum includes English, Arabic, Mathematics, Science, Islamic Studies, Social Studies, Computer Studies, Art, Music and PE. In Grade 4, French is introduced. The school timings in Ramadhan are starting at 9:00 until 1:30 pm but in regular days the class beginning at 7:30 until 2:30 pm . The school organizes afterschool activities for one hour like, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, French, Drama, Music, Art and Craft etc. School also conducts wide variety of cultural activities, play and concerts.This school celebrate many events include notional day, Environmental Day, Literature Week, Healthy Food Day and Islamic events. The time of meeting between the parents and teacher is twice each year after exams.

Rawafed Private School aims to offer quality education to the local and expatriate community that will prepare the students for further education both here and abroad, the first aim of Rawafed School is develop in their students the knowledge, skills and concepts required in key learning areas including independent learning, successful problem solving and critical thinking. The second aim is provide learning experiences appropriate to the age, readiness, stage of development and maturity of students enabling them to integrate knowledge and skills across the grades and subject areas. Thirdly, develop the ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic, while respecting the importance of the child's mother tongue if different. Finely, provide a range of cultural, physical and extra-curricular activities. Logo of Rawafed School contains a book, leafs and sun, which that mean the education like sun which help leafs to growth to make good future. the major school rules are be punctual for school and all class, wearing correct school uniform, respect the rights of others and avoid disturbing or interrupting the class and work quietly during class and follow all instruction of the teacher.


B) Description of the classroom:



When I went to the school, I was so excited to meet my mentor teacher. First, I met administrator teacher and she gave me some syllabus of school and Ramadan schedule. Ms. had taken me to Ms. Mary’s class. My mentor teacher “Ms Mary” is from Lebanon .Ms Mary was graduated from Lebanon University with special major education. She teaches two years English, Math and Science subjects for grade two in a Rawafed school. Then she asked about my name, my special major and my college. When I sit with Ms. Mary I felt relaxation and comfortable.

The goal of Rawafed School is to develop the basic skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking as well as physical movement, manipulation and the social skills essential to success in groups. The basic subjects in grade two includes English, Arabic, Mathematics, Science, Islamic Studies, Social Studies, Computer Studies, Art, Music and PE. The numbers of students in each class are around 20-25 students and the class that I will train in it is 22 students.

When I went to the Ms Mary‘s class, she organized the students’ in- four groups to help each other if they find any difficult in questions. The most students are very clever and some of them are active and anarchists, but Ms Mary has a great able to control them by using many ways. However, Ms Mary had great ways to attractive student to understand their lesson very well. In addition, she did many activities to break the boring of students. For example, play games to memorize the words of lessons, by gave them own board to write some practice of words. Then she gave the student who finishes first gift like sweet or pencils.

Finally, I think that make students in-group is a great way in education. This way of study has many advantages to students and teacher. Sit in groups help the student that has found any difficult in lesson by sharing togethers. This way of study make teaching easy for teacher by put the excellent student with week student in same group.



C. Reflection and comments:


In my opinion, the first impression of the school is more important. Its give me general ideas about this school. First of all, I feel afraid and stress because this first time for me and I will meet new people, whom I don’t know if they will help me or not. However, all my worries were gone when I came to school. And I felt welcome because the administrator and teachers received us in the reception which makes me feel happy and comfortable in this school. The first thing we do it in Rawafed private school is to take us around the school to see it and meet the teachers. In addition, when we look around the school we observe that every class has labels. This makes easy for me to know the school. And I think the school is very active and creative. It will help us in our work. Also, I think the school is organize and follow good roles which make the school leadership and looking for bright future.
Also, I like some classes than others. Because some classes organizing and cleaning. And, they put in the wall beautiful board which make the classes attractive. Also, some classes are funnier and interesting. And the student is clever.
On the other hand, I learned that the school is changing from the past to the best which encourage me to be a teacher and a good teacher. And from the observation I learned that the teachers are helping us without any rewards. Also, I learned that the time is very important for the teacher and student. Morever, the team work is first reason for achievement in school. Anther point, if you want to be a good teacher you should be good mother for student. At the end, I wish to success in college and educated with high marks
.

No comments: